The story of Wusaki started in 2017 as the audacious project of two business partners and friends that decided to create their own kitchen knives. How would anyone come up with that idea? It's actually very simple: with more than 10 years of experience in the cutlery industry collecting and selling knives made by some of the best brands from all around the world, one day they simply asked themselves "why not us?"
William and Florent are undoubtedly experts in this industry. They know, thanks to their acquired expertise along the years, what exactly enables the creation of a good kitchen knife: materials of top quality, efficient manufacturing processes, and the attention to even the smallest detail. All this is carefully supervised by both of the founders, who became experts by testing the blades, the quality and comfort of the grip, and the effectiveness of the cutting performance of all the knives available for sale.
"Practice makes perfect," and that is exactly what William and Florent did. They tested a large number of kitchen knives, they talked to multiple chefs asking them their needs and preferences, and they also asked feedback to passionate home cooks who also helped to shape the idea behind Wusaki knives. All the information acquired allowed them to gather essential characteristics that led them to the creation of the ideal, final prototype.
And so it is like that how Wusaki knives came to existence, both in the Damas VG10 and Pakka X50 ranges. If we would have to make a list of the main principles and values that inspired the founders during the creation of these knives, it would be the following:
- the desire to create knives suitable for all types of daily tasks thanks to the variety of models available (to cut meat, fish, vegetables, bread, etc...)
- the longing for proposing knives adapted to all kinds of budgets without having to sacrifice the good quality
- the will to have highly effective knives thanks to high quality materials that durable and widely used in the industry
- the desire to offer knives that are not only effective but also beautiful! The damascus blades, the olive wood, the hammered blades... these features make these knives truly unique!
- choose a manufacturer with real expertise in the industry: the partner chosen is a small factory in the province of Guangdong in China, which is a region known for its historical background in the manufacturing of knives. This manufacturer makes a thorough and careful work on a limited number of pieces to guarantee the best quality for each Wusaki knife
The Wusaki project is therefore a vision to create kitchen knives that are durable, effective, and good-looking. Since the beginning of the Wusaki brand, various ranges have come out to complete our initial product offering. Indeed, through the years, Wusaki has successfuly managed to give birth to several handcrafted knives collections made in Japan such as the prestigious Nogami BS2 and Nakata BS2 series which were both crafted in the city of Sanjō located in the north of the Niigata also known as the "region of traditional blacksmiths".